Header

Image Map

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Banana Bread

Hey guys,
So, it's winter break and im really in the mood to blog and bake. So, naturally, that's what I did. I realized we had some overripe bananas around and so I decided to make banana bread. I opened my Joy of Cooking book and proceeded to make the banana bread only I made some changes. I baked it, took a bite, and fell in love! It was the best banana bread I've had in a long time and my family agreed with me! It was moist, soft, and banana-y!


It was so amazing I can't even describe it! It makes 2 big loaves. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
2 cups whole wheat flour (you can sub regular white flour if you want)
2/3 cup quinoa flour (you can sub white or whole wheat flour if you want)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
8 tbsp butter (1 stick)
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 1/4 cup sugar
4 eggs
About 2 cups of mashed bananas (I used 5 bananas)
3/4 cup walnuts or pecans (optional)
3 tablespoons yogurt

Method:
Beat butter, oil, and sugar until crumbly (chunks are fine). Whisk the flours, salt, baking powder and baking soda together in a separate bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir (again, chunks are fine). Add the eggs, beating before mixing in. Mash the bananas and add to the mix along with the 3 tablespoons of yogurt. Stir until lump free. Fold in the nuts and pour into 2 greased baking dishes. Bake for 40-50 minutes at 350*. 
Here's a pic:


Enjoy!
Thanks for reading and be sure to comment and follow my blog!

Happy holidays!

 





  

1 comment:

  1. Awesome I want to try but sadly I'm to lazy. Maybe I can get my friend to make it.

    ReplyDelete