Header

Image Map

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Rustic Potato Leek Soup (Dairy-Free)

Hi guys,

So today I decided to share some recipes. I have yet to get 10 pageviews on my cheesy potato wedges post (ahem, that's a hint for you to go check it out) :) so my enchilada post will come later. But for now, I'm going to share this delicious soup recipe with you guys. I told my friends that I made a potato leek soup they said "what are leeks?" Sigh. Ignorant fellows. Just kidding, I love my friends, even if they don't know what leeks are! :) Also, I was looking for a rustic potato leek soup without milk, because my dad is lactose intolerant. I found this one: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/rustic-potato-leek-soup, but I changed it a little. Without further ado, the recipe:

 Rustic Potato Leek soup:

3 medium sized potatoes, chopped into chunks (skin on)
1 bunch of leeks, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 big garlic clove, minced
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon canola oil
water, desired amount
parmesan cheese, optional

In a big soup pot, add the canola oil and wait for it to get pretty hot. Place in the potatoes and make sure to let some bits stick to the bottom. Stir every so often for 2-4 minutes, until there are bits of potato stuck to the bottom. Remove the potatoes and set aside. Add onions and garlic to the pot and stir often for about 2 minutes. Add leeks and stir often for 2 more minutes. Add potatoes and stir. Add bay leaf and water, until you have the consistency you want. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bring up to a boil for about 15 minutes. Reduce to a simmer for about 5 more minutes. Remove bay leaf and stir. Serve warm, with some crusty bread and parmesan cheese!
ENJOY! :)

Go check out my friend at www.chanterpoureternite.blogspot.com. She's just getting started and she hasn't posted yet but be sure to check it out soon. also, her other blog is www.trickyprekmath.blogspot.com. She teaches a math class and blogs about it there.
Thanks for reading!

~anonymous

 

No comments:

Post a Comment